Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Introduction

"Why do you have this blog?"

Since my enrollment in school, my brain has gone into overdrive. I must be going through a mental growth spurt because I have been soaking up all the knowledge I can. In the past few months I have read close to 10 books. Most of those books have been, dare I say, based on politics. I never thought I would say this, but American politics is a subject that interests me the most.

"OMG! How boring!", your thinking.

My response to this? How can you not be interested in politics? These government officials we vote in decide how much money is taken out of your paycheck; the condition of the schools your children will go to; they protect you locally and nationally; they say what you can and can't do with your body; they dictate the future of our health care system; they dictate whether or not something is legal or illegal; they even go as far as to tell you how to live your life. If you are not interested in politics, than you obviously don't care about your present or your future.

A harsh statement? Maybe.

"So, why the blog? Meany..."

Throughout my study of politics, there is one major factor I keep coming across, our country is messed up. Our country was once a place of prideful, hard working people. That pride is gone. We are a country of people that either do nothing but verbally bash both our country and our fellow citizens, or frankly, just don't give a damn.

This blog is two things for me. It's first an outlet. I need a place to share what frustrates me with this country and its people so that I will stop bringing it up in casual conversation with my friends and family (I know they are tired of it). Second, it's for you. You need to know what is going on, and even though you might not feel the need to open a political book or turn on a news channel, I hope that you might check this blog, read what's here and create an opinion about what's going on in Washington and act!

It's time to WAKE UP, AMERICA!

No comments: