Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Rush Lays It Out

I make no attempt to hide that I am a Rush Limbaugh fan (thanks dad). I was listening to his show today and he read the following. I almost fell out of my chair after hearing these numbers. Lucky for me, I am a 24/7 subscriber and I can post this transcript here for you:

This is from the website ImmigrationCounters.com, and just listen to these numbers. The number of illegal aliens in the country according to this group is 20,807,645. The amount of money wired to Mexico since January of 2006 is $22,213,000,000. The cost of Social Security services for illegal aliens since 1996 -- are you listening? -- $397,450,739,563 dollars. That's how much we have spent on Social Security services for illegal aliens since 1996, and that spending has been mandated by the courts, and it's only going to go up.

I can tell you personally, the human can not grasp the concept of a billion. I know you might think you can, but you can't; don't care who you are. But not to worry, Rush comes through for us:

The next time you hear somebody use the word billion in a casual manner, keep these things in mind. A billion seconds ago it was 1959. A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive. A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in the Stone Age. A billion days ago, no one walked on the earth on two feet. A billion dollars ago was eight hours and 20 minutes at the rate our government spends money.

Nothing really to say, just wrap your head around those numbers and realize two things. You are getting screwed, and your government is doing the screwing.

No comments: